There are three key differences between traditional and digital radiography. First, traditional x-rays must be developed and stored. Second, they can only be viewed on a light board. And third, traditional radiography exposes patients to unnecessary amounts of radiation. In each case, digital radiography has made significant advancements.
Dental x-rays have been used since the early 1900s. Today, it is difficult to imagine a dental practice without them. Digital X-Rays play an invaluable role for an accurate diagnosis of dental problems. They provide San Ramon dentist Dr. Khandaqji DDS a clear picture for the dentist which is necessary to provide treatment. Dental x-rays reveal cavities between the teeth or hidden by fillings, infections in the bone, fractures, gum disease, abscesses, cysts, and tumors. As with all technology, it is constantly improving, and it is such with digital dental x-rays. Today, digital x-rays use a special sensor to capture an image which is scanned instantly onto a computer screen, and provides multiple advantages over traditional x-ray film. Large and even color-enhanced images let you see what your dentist sees. This makes it easier for you to understand and make decisions about how your dentist will be treating your teeth.
- For Dr. Khandaqji, using the most advanced dental technology possible is just as important as staying up-to-date on the latest treatment techniques. Because our practice is dedicated to providing you with the safest and most convenient treatment options available, we utilize advanced digital X-ray technology in our office.
- Digital X-rays provide several advanced imaging options designed to save time, provide clearer dental photos, and expose patients to less radiation than traditional X-ray technology.
- San Ramon dentist Dr. Khandaqji practice is focused on making your dental experience as comfortable as possible. At your next appointment, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Digital X-rays provide San Ramon dentist Dr. Khandaqji several advanced imaging options designed to save time, provide clearer dental photos, and expose patients to less radiation than traditional X-ray technology.
- Our practice is focused on making your dental experience as comfortable as possible. At your next appointment, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Here’s how digital X-Rays at Mona Lisa Smile Dental work. A small camera, about the size of half a teabag, is placed into the patient’s mouth. An image pops up immediately on a nearby computer screen. You and Dr. Khandaqji look at the images on a large LCD monitor, in real time, and make decisions about your dental health. Images are then stored on our computer at Mona Lisa Smile Dental for easy retrieval when needed.
Our office is dedicated to our patient’s dental health while offering all the latest dental techniques and procedures. While reducing any possibility of pain, we use advanced technology to create the perfect smile. We use the most current, Digital X-Rays, effective dentistry techniques and materials that result in healthy and beautiful, long lasting smiles! As part of our commitment to providing close, personalized attention to every patient, we want to encourage patient communication. Please know that we are here to provide outstanding patient care, and that we value the trust you have placed in us.